Is mattress good for health? Best Guide on Healthy Mattress in India 2022
The energy replenishment that occurs during sleep is an important aspect of our sleep and body cycle. We use our bodies in a variety of ways, and not everyone expends or inputs the same amount of energy as others, which manifests itself in our lives in various ways.
People who are more physically active have a higher level of energy in general, as exercise helps in the proper functioning of their metabolism and bodily systems. A inactive person, on the other hand, would be more weary sitting all day because their main energy expenditure alternatives are the brain and basal metabolic rate.
Regardless of these considerations, while we sleep, our bodies require attention and support. When it comes to effective energy recovery following deep sleep, a high-quality mattress is essential.
Read Also – Cotton Mattress At Best Price In India
We are all well aware of the need of getting enough sleep every night in order to stay healthy. Mattresses, on the other hand, play an equally significant function in our overall health.
According to the National Sleep Foundation, over 92 percent of people believe that a comfortable mattress helps them sleep better at night.
A decent mattress can aid in the treatment of a variety of health issues, including body pain, spinal alignment, improved posture, and more. However, with so many mattresses on the market, you may be wondering which one is best for your health.
But don’t worry; in this article, I’ll go over all of the different types of mattresses that are beneficial for your health, as well as what you should look for when purchasing a mattress.
So let’s get started! – Is mattress good for health?
Mattresses That Are Good For Health
Mattresses assist in the implementation of a number of health benefits to your body as you sleep. As a result, it’s critical to find a mattress that can help you get the rest and comfort you need to keep your body healthy.
Why and how are particular mattress kinds beneficial to your health?
Read Also – 5 Dunlop Mattress At Best Price In India
Here are some of the best mattresses for your health:
1. Orthopedic Mattress
Orthopedic mattresses , which assist correct posture and manage medical issues, are at the top of our list of healthy mattresses. If you’re sensitive to cramps or are currently suffering from backaches and other bodily problems, now is the time to invest in an orthopaedic mattress.
Read Also – Mattress Meaning In Hindi
It’s always better to be safe than sorry, and our orthopaedic mattresses will keep your health and muscles in peak shape. Orthopedic mattresses are typically medium to firm in density and firmness. Orthopedic mattresses help persons with pain and other physical ailments by providing greater support and firmness.
Orthopedic mattresses can assist ease discomfort and even help orient internal organs, offering total comfort, by correcting your back posture and aligning your spine correctly.
People with sedentary lifestyles, seniors with weaker muscles and bones, and those with identified difficulties benefit from the firm surface level and overall supportive sleeping experience.
- An orthopaedic mattress may be ideal for you if you suffer from bodily aches.
- Keeping your muscles in shape and alleviating body ache. Orthopedic mattresses are firmer than regular mattresses.
- These mattresses provide additional support and firmness, which can aid in spine alignment and posture correction.
- An orthopaedic mattress can distribute your body weight properly to prevent pressure points from forming, especially in the back, hips, and neck.
- This mattress ensures proper spinal alignment, reducing back pain and relieving stress on the spine.
- An orthopaedic mattress has these characteristics, making it one of the greatest mattresses for sleeping.
- Buy Sleepyhead Original-3 Layered Orthopedic Memory Mattress
- is mattress good for health
2. Latex foam mattress
Latex foam is one of the best all-around mattresses available, as well as one of the most valuable and adjustable. Latex is derived naturally from rubber trees, and the closer you are to nature, the better. As a result, latex foam is one of the greatest materials to use or mattresses to purchase for a healthy body.
Read Also – Best Mattress Under 10000
Latex is hypoallergenic, easy to care for, and the most long-lasting substance available. Furthermore, the medium-firm density is customizable by default to lower and higher levels as needed, making it even better. Latex foam provides a slightly bouncy sleeping experience, and it is unquestionably one of the most comfortable and supportive that one could wish for.
Latex foam mattresses are suitable for your respiratory system, skin, and overall health if you’re looking for the best overall solution for your health. A latex foam mattress is a wonderful solution for nature and is extremely eco-friendly because it is a natural and long-lasting substance.
Latex foam is also useful because it is temperature neutral and its composition does not alter with changes in temperature and pressure. Hypoallergenic materials don’t attract dust, mites, or other insects, which can infest and cause sanitation issues.
- Latex foam mattresses are good for your health because they are made from rubber tree sap, bringing you closer to nature.
- Because latex foam mattresses are hypoallergenic, they may be excellent for allergy sufferers who want to avoid allergen build-up.
- You should buy a mattress that protects your lungs by avoiding contaminants from being inhaled. These mattresses are very simple to keep clean.
- Latex foam mattresses are also made of the most durable components for a healthy body.
- Latex foam mattresses are good for your skin, respiratory system, and overall wellness, so they’re a good choice for you.
- They have a medium-firm density that can be adjusted to lower and higher levels, making them even more suitable for your needs.
- A latex foam mattress made of natural materials lasts a long time and is environmentally beneficial.
- The latex foam materials also maintain a constant temperature and do not change their composition when pressure and temperature are changed.
- A mattress made entirely of 100% pure latex can be really advantageous in terms of providing you with all of the health benefits.
- Buy Wakefit Firm King Size 7- Zone Latex Memory Foam
- is mattress good for health
3. Back-support mattress
The spine and core muscles are the most important elements of our bodies for standing and moving about. Most of us, on the other hand, may take it for granted until we experience back pain, deformity, injuries, and other problems.
As a result, back-support mattresses are another form of mattress that is beneficial to both healthy and ill persons. Our lifestyle causes excessive strain on the spine and core muscles, but a back-support mattress can assist rectify and address these concerns.
Back support mattresses must be both comfortable and supportive, as they must accommodate your body while also addressing concerns with spinal alignment. As a result, back support mattresses are medium-firm in order to avoid overcompensating or undercompensating on support and plushness.
As a result, your body remains afloat rather than sinking, and you may rest assured that your spine is as neutral and well supported as it should be.
- Another form of mattress that is helpful for your health is a back support mattress.
- The spine and core muscles are vital portions of our bodies that allow us to stand and conduct numerous activities.
- The majority of us prefer to neglect certain areas of our bodies until we experience a specific form of discomfort.
- As a result, it is critical that you provide sufficient support to your muscles and spine every night as you sleep.
- Back support mattresses can help with this problem and provide the necessary comfort for your body.
- This mattress keeps your body buoyant rather than sinking and provides the necessary support to keep your spine in a neutral position.
- Buy Duroflex Back Magic-Doctor Recommended Orthopaedic for Back Support mattress
- is mattress good for health
4. Innerspring mattress
Innerspring mattresses come in a variety of support choices and are typically hybrid mattresses that can perform many tasks. They can be as soft or as firm as required, but the overall experience emphasises either uniform or targeted support.
Read Also – Best Mattress Brands In India-2021
Innerspring mattresses are among the most often used mattresses in hotels and homes around the world, and their benefits extend beyond their health benefits. Choosing a healthy innerspring mattress, on the other hand, is a combination of personal taste and science.
SleepID matches the right mattress for you based on your body weight, age, sex, and other factors. A foam mattress may not always be able to provide the same level of support as an innerspring mattress. Innerspring mattresses are extremely adjustable since the comfort and support levels determine the overall comfort and support.
- As they can serve many functions, this sort of mattress offers a variety of support alternatives based on your needs. The mattress can be hard or soft, depending on personal preference.
- Innerspring mattresses are widely utilised in hotels and residences around the world because of its health benefits. It may be an excellent choice because it is based on your personal tastes as well as science, as it includes a SleepID.
- A SleepID is an app that helps you find a mattress that is right for you based on your body type. As a result, it’s advisable to use this ID to determine which mattress is best suited to your body type.
- It can help you find the right mattress for you based on your age, weight, gender, and other factors.
- Innerspring mattresses come in a variety of comfort levels, and the overall support supplied is determined by the support and comfort level.
- Buy The Sleep Company SmartGRID Luxe
- is mattress good for health
5. Memory foam mattress
Everyone is familiar with and favours memory foam mattresses over other types. Although it is more of a buzzword, the benefits allow it to be used as is or in other mattress comfort layers.
Memory foam is a great pressure absorber, and persons with back problems may find that memory foam in an innerspring or hybrid mattress helps them sleep better.
Memory foam, on the other hand, is best for persons who have a healthier and lighter body frame that doesn’t sink completely and who are moderately active.
Read Also-Top 16 Best Bunk Beds For Kids Online
Memory foam mattresses allow your body to sink entirely, which is why some people experience back discomfort and pelvic pain as a result of them.
A higher density memory foam mattress with an HR foam support layer or memory foam on an innerspring mattress is always superior for spinal alignment.
- Memory foam mattresses are one of the most popular mattresses on the market, so you may be familiar with them. It is well-known for its comfort layers as well as its ability to absorb pressure.
- Though memory foam mattresses are not perfect for persons who are enormous or overweight, they are ideal for people who are somewhat lighter in weight since they allow the body to sink completely into the mattress.
- If you’re having trouble with physical discomfort, this could be a terrific way to cure it, reduce it, and improve your health.
- These memory foam mattresses might help to relieve pressure on your joints while you sleep. It gives you a lot of support and is comfortable in a medium-firm way.
- The latex foam mattress has all of these features, making it the greatest mattress for sleeping. Memory foam mattresses, on the other hand, can be costly, so keep an eye out in that department.
- Buy Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam
- is mattress good for health
6. Coir Foam Mattress
Coir foam mattresses are made of natural fibre, which is one of its best features. Since natural springy features have been developed, this mattress can support your body while sleeping.
It is an eco-friendly mattress that does not include any dangerous materials. It also includes anti-dust properties, which can be beneficial for allergy sufferers because it keeps dust out of the mattress, making it comfortable for you. is mattress good for health.
Read Also – Best Sofa Cum Bed For Kids (2022)
Another advantage of coir foam mattresses is that they are fire-resistant and anti-moth. Because the mattress allows for air circulation, it is an excellent alternative for persons who live in hot climates.
Your Essential Guide to Choosing a Healthy Mattress
According to health experts, here’s how to choose the best mattress for you:
1. For those who sleep on their backs or stomachs:
Look for a firm mattress that relieves pressure points, keeps your body in a neutral position, and isn’t too hot.While a soft mattress may feel better at first, it lacks the required support, which can lead to lower back pain in the long run-much like sitting for too long on an extremely soft couch.
2. For Side Sleepers:
For side sleepers, a hybrid or memory foam mattress is the best choice, since it helps to reduce the stress of side sleep on the shoulder and lower back.
3. For those who have back pain:
Back pain users should consider memory foam or latex mattresses. Memory foam mattresses are well-known for its pressure-point relief and customizable support. “It adapts to your body’s shape, providing a near-indentation,” says the designer.
However, many people report that these mattresses are too hot to sleep on. A gel-infused memory foam mattress can help to reduce this issue. When it comes to contouring and pressure reduction, latex mattresses are similar to memory foam, but they have greater bounce. They are generally cooler to sleep on than memory foam mattresses.
4. For individuals who prefer a hot night’s sleep:
A cooling memory foam mattress or a hybrid mattress with consistent ventilation across its layers is your best chance if you sleep overheated. Hybrid mattresses combine the best of both worlds-a cooling, breathable latex or memory foam layer over a firm innerspring mattress-to achieve a balance of firmness and softness.
5. For couples who have different mattress tastes:
Consider getting an adjustable air mattress if you and your partner have differing firmness preferences. By replacing steel coils with two air-filled chambers, they provide adjustable firmness.
6. For those with allergies:
For people with allergies, hypoallergenic mattresses are a useful option.Latex and memory foam mattresses both have strong antibacterial characteristics, making them resistant to mildew, allergens, and dust mites, making them perfect for allergy sufferers.
7. Consumers who are concerned about the environment should consider:
Organic mattresses are free of dangerous chemicals (including formaldehyde, benzene, and flame retardants) that can be harmful to your health and the environment. They are made with organically produced natural materials like cotton and latex. Look for ones that are Greenguard GOLD Certified for the greatest quality.
Aside from that, always try out a mattress before purchasing it. Look for a mattress firm that offers extended sleep trials because, at the end of the day, all mattress labels are subjective because everyone’s body is different and will react to the same mattress differently.
How do you pick a mattress that is healthy for you?
Health is a broad term that refers to a variety of aspects of one’s physical well-being. It can be both mental and physical, and it can be linked to the environment.
However, we’ll concentrate on health issues associated to sleep, such as posture, skin, respiratory, and general sleep and personal hygiene concerns. There are a number of things you should think about for your health-
- Benefits to the respiratory system
- Benefits of Posture
- Benefits of Sleeping
- Advantages of a healthy lifestyle
What effect does a mattress have on your health?
Mattresses primarily benefit our general health and sleep by improving the amount of deep and restorative sleep we obtain. That is the amount of sleep or the quality of sleep that allows us to feel refreshed the next day.
Too many people look forward to sleeping rather than waking up, and they take sleeping for granted. Fixing parts of your health by improving your sleeping environment, on the other hand, makes you feel better, healthier, and offers your body a boost in immunity.
Sleep boosts your memory, immunity, muscle function, reaction times, and other bodily functions. An incompatible or low-quality mattress and sleep environment, on the other hand, have the opposite effect, resulting in sleep disorders that impact these functions.
- Level of comfort
- Sleeping position
- Sleeping Comfort
- Sleep that is restorative
When Buying A Mattress, Here’s What You Should Look For
Because we all have different worries, the majority of us choose different sorts of mattresses. Certain factors, however, should be considered while purchasing a mattress. Here are a few things that everyone should think about while buying a mattress:
Good Level of Comfort:
One of the primary reasons we purchase a mattress is to have the wonderful comfort and support that a body demands while resting after a long day.
You won’t be able to get a decent night’s sleep until your body is calm and comfy. As a result, it’s critical to find a mattress that can provide you with relief when you lie down.
A hypoallergenic mattress does not irritate your lungs since it keeps mites, dust, vermin, and other allergens away from your bed and surroundings, preventing you from inhaling them.
Because even if you have a healthy body and a strong immune system, concealed dust, mites, and other contaminants can cause a variety of respiratory problems.
As a result, it is preferable to invest in a mattress that will prevent any potential health problems, such as hypoallergenic mattresses.
In Connection With Your Body:
You should look for a mattress that is comfortable with your body because a low-quality or incompatible mattress might disrupt your sleep, affecting your health.
So, when shopping for a mattress, search for ones that will encourage and improve your sleeping habits. The mattress should provide you with strong back support and a high level of comfort, as these elements will help you sleep better.
Because an unpleasant surface makes your body intolerant and causes sleep disorder, bad mood, backaches, and other issues, an uncomfortable or incompatible mattress can lead to poor sleep quality and irregularity.
FAQs – is mattress good for health
1. How can I tell if a mattress is right for me?
The firmness, support, and comfort level of the mattress are the most important factors in assessing whether or not it is right for you. It isn’t the correct mattress if it doesn’t supply these three features.
2. Is it necessary to have a hypoallergenic mattress?
Having a hypoallergenic mattress isn’t required for everyone. People with asthma or allergies, on the other hand, should invest in a hypoallergenic mattress; failing to do so increases your chances of breathing dust, mites, and other allergens.
3. How long do you think my foam mattress will last?
Foam mattresses typically last between eight and 10 years. It can even last longer than ten years if they have been properly maintained throughout the years.
Mattresses can only help you in so many ways, and the most of them are indirect. However, sleep is an important element of your health, and mattresses can help you get healthy. Furthermore, because sleep is such a broad topic with so many variables, it’s better to address both your lifestyle difficulties and the sleep environment with luxury mattresses at the same time. Exercise, posture adjustment, and other lifestyle and mindful improvements can all help to improve your health.
A nice mattress and pillow are vital for a restful night’s sleep and a fresh start. As a result, sleep hygiene and quality are critical aspects of your sleeping experience. Sleep issues can result from a lack of them, and good body care can keep you healthy far into old age.
If you have any questions about mattresses, please let us know in the comments.